[Crm-sig] Issue 541 - Small Edits Checklist, now with submission form

Wolfgang Schmidle wolfgang.schmidle at uni-koeln.de
Thu May 12 09:45:46 EEST 2022

Dear Erin & Philippe,

I think the new version is a big improvement. I still have a few issues, though, and I would be happy to go through them with you.

One thought: The form shifts a lot of the burden from the CIDOC CRM editors to the submitters. If I take e.g. Pat Riva's use case of a translator spotting a small imperfection and needing a quick way of documenting them, I wonder if they are willing to answer twelve questions for each typo they find. From the submitter's perspective, what problem is solved by this form that wouldn't be solved by an email address like crm-typos at ics.forth.gr with an automated "thank you, we have received it" response? This would also allow batch submissions. I think the argument "sending an email can discourage those who are not familiar with the structure of the SIG" is valid but an email address might still be a better option. Or maybe a radically shortened form?

Best,
Wolfgang