[Crm-sig] New Issue: semantically Replacing Recording Event and Externalization Event

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon May 2 19:55:52 EEST 2022

Dear All/.

/Here out of the context /of //the previous e-votes:

Rnn was remembered in (is memory of)/ actually means that someone
produced this memory. I would rather propose a another property directly
of F28: /Rnn included a memory of/: E7 Activity.  This is probably much
more useful than the Recording stuff we have discussed, is specific to
the author, and would help use with the missing documentation activity
in CRMbase. It would also help with recording of oral traditions. "/Rnn
included a memory of/:" should be restricted to physical witnesses of
the event (or via recording devices).

This would elegantly replace "R20 recorded (was recorded through)
,Domain: F29 Recording Event, Range: E2 Temporal Entity",
and would much better suit the ample evidence of creating memories of
theater plays at the BNF collected by Patrick LeBoeuf for the Europeana
application of FRBRoo concepts, which included press reports, paintings etc.

It could be more restrictive and be a comprehensive: /Rnn created a
memory of/: . In that case, the "included" would need a specification of
the part of the expressions that constitutes the memory.

  Email:martin at ics.forth.gr
  Web-site:http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl