[Crm-sig] NEW ISSUE: "causal" in P14 scope note

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Jan 12 22:31:26 EET 2022

Dear Robert,

Yes, scope notes can always be improved!

The role of the child should definitely not be regarded as P14.
Necessary participation is definitey not meant by "causal" or "legal
responsibility" in this scope note. P14 is meant in an active sense. In
a sense, any participation may have an impact on an event. This was not
meant here.

Similarly, patients in a surgery are necessary, but do not carry it out.
However, there are well-known criminal cases in which participation
without inhibiting murder etc. are regarded as legally co-responsible.
In that case, we should rather use P14, in my opinion.

Since participation is a generalization of P14, the difference for the
recall/ precision of querying the CRM is however marginal.

  Email:martin at ics.forth.gr
  Web-site:http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl