[Crm-sig] Issue 554 Examples for E4 Period

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Sep 29 23:02:07 EEST 2021

Dear All,

Here my attempts to create examples for E4 Period that occur on
spatially disjoint areas, but with temporal continuity. Two are from
Dariah Hook:

*The Capital of Russia (E4) [the capital of Russia is an administrative
unit that moved in historical times from Moscow to St Petersburg and
again back to Moscow. This examplifies and administrative unit changing
place over time without temporal discontinuity]

*  The settling activity of the community of Hersinki (or Helsingfors)
(E7) [the old settlement of Helsinki (or Helsingfors) was located in the
area of the modern airport. The community moved later to settle on the
coast. This exemplies a continued activity changing place over time
without temporal discontinuity]

* Bronze Period (E4) [Bronze Period spread out into disjoint areas
including islands such as the British Islands without temporal
discontinuity]

* The nation of Japan (E4) [In 2021, the Japanese nation comprises in
6852 islands extending along the Pacific coast of Asia]

We still need some citations. Please propose literature.

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr