[Crm-sig] New Issue: RDFS Implementation and related issues

Robert Sanderson azaroth42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:41:20 EEST 2021

Thanks Pavlos, that's a great write up!

In case the discussion happens when I can't be at the SIG meeting (likely
due to timezone issues), my votes:

A - YES to the suggested scenario of creating a second file, that might
currently only hold this one alignment, but in the future might also map
between other core properties or classes. I'm okay with leaving it out
completely. I would be disappointed if it were left in, but not to the
point of a veto -- it's possible to ignore, just annoying to have to do so.

B - I'm okay with any of the results, so long as B3 (don't include them) is
also backed up with an OWL representation that /does/ include them.

C - YES. Also, FWIW, my code that generates a context file given the
ontology's RDFS:

https://github.com/linked-art/crom/blob/master/utils/make_jsonld_context.py
    Which generates the context:
    https://linked.art/ns/v1/linked-art.json

D - Would like to see what benefits a SHACL shape file would bring.
(abstain)

E - YES
F - YES

And the URI construction is a separate issue?

Rob

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 8:46 AM Pavlos Fafalios via Crm-sig <
crm-sig at ics.forth.gr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I think there is no open issue on this (please let me know if this is not
> true), so I suggest opening a new issue in order to finalize the discussion
> on the RDFS implementation.
>
> Based on the discussion on the other email thread (title: "RDFS, XML and
> more"), I created the below google doc (homework) where the different
> issues are summarised. Also, *there are suggestions on how to proceed*.
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oq02aS8xENzGBJAdxlSJzX_n9CE43_Aycl8NttReqis/edit?usp=sharing
>
> There will probably be a slot on this at the forthcoming SIG meeting, so
> that we can make some final decisions.
> So, please kindly check the doc before the next SIG meeting and feel free
> to comment (especially in case I forgot something, or something seems not
> to be the case), or directly reply to this email.
>
> Thank you all for the contributions!
>
> Best regards,
> Pavlos
>
> --
> Dr. Pavlos Fafalios
> Postdoctoral research fellow
> Project ReKnow <https://reknow.ics.forth.gr/> (MSCA Individual Fellowship
> )
>
> Centre for Cultural Informatics / Information Systems Laboratory
> Institute of Computer Science (ICS)
> Foundation for Research and Technology (FORTH)
>    and
> Visiting Lecturer
> Department of Management Science & Technology (MST),
> Hellenic Mediterranean University (HMU)
>
> Address: N. Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, 70013 Heraklion, Greece
> Email: fafalios at ics.forth.gr
> Tel: +30-2810-391619
> Web: http://users.ics.forth.gr/~fafalios/

Rob Sanderson