[Crm-sig] New Issue: Non-human Actors

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Sep 27 22:52:47 EEST 2021

Dear Mercedes, all,

My position is that machines are not actors. They are robots, that work
on behalf of human actors, following human instructions. Their use is
regulated by laws concerning those activating them, and not for suing
the machine for its initiatives. There is no fundamental difference to
setting up traps, no matter how complex the machine and its instructions
are. Non-human actors should be restricted to living beings. Robots and
traps and events set in action by them should be each a different
category, and this is a nice, but different, challenge to model as well.
Opinions?

All the best,

Martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr