[Crm-sig] New Issue: Non-human Actors

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Sep 21 22:04:50 EEST 2021

Dear Robert,

I support this.

I suggest the non-human Actors to go into CRMsci. It is a
straightforward extension of scope, and has been discussed in the past.
Non-human actors cannot be hold liable, and will not report. They are
obviously a sibling to the human actors, and fall under a common
generalization. In the same way, we have generalized over physical
things in CRMsci.

I think any opinion that animals in general cannot take intentional
actions has been proven non-sense. Conversely, human actions are often
enough instinct driven.

So far, I do not think we have evidence of conceptual objects created by
non-human actors. Whales may turn out having oral traditions in the
future. Bird songs are, however, partially tradition and not innate, but
we miss the creator individual...

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr