[Crm-sig] Linked Places mapping

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Sep 9 19:50:54 EEST 2021

Dear Francesco, Richard,

I am a bit confused. Even though people wrongly call a gazetteer a
"place name ontology", it has nothing to do with ontology, because it is
a collection of particulars. A place is not a class.

I understand that the mapping exercise is a data transformation from
Pelagios schema, rather than the data about places, to CRM (geo). That
should be a question of X3ML.

Is or includes ontome.net a schema mapping tool with data tansformation
instructions?

All the best,

Martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr