[Crm-sig] Argument for an Instrument Class (and its property)

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Sep 7 23:14:37 EEST 2021

Great!  Critical question: What constitutes a single instrument, and
where do we draw a line to tools? I'd argue that one measurement
instrument should be able to yield a quantitative result, and be a sort
of "black box" integrated device, such as the sequencing machines.

Question: yardsticks are "passive". Are they still instruments, even
though the human eye is the instrument? I think they are a different
category of calibrated objects for comparing, such as color charts etc.

Cheers,

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr