[Crm-sig] New Issue: Non-human Actors

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Oct 11 18:50:09 EEST 2021

Dear George, Robert,

This makes generally sense to me as a discussion starting point.
However, I‘d like to remind you that our methodology requires first a
community practice of doing documentation about such things, and second
domain experts for concepts that are not our primary knowledge.

To my best knowledge, there does not exist any reliable concept of what
individuality means across the animal kingdom, nor what a collective of
such individuals is. There is an unbelievable complexity to these
questions. We know from experience that any global widening of scope can
blur all distinctions ontology enginerring relies on. Therefore I'd
regard it as most important to find the experts first and let them speak.

The reasons why we did not model animal actors is precisely the lack of
an experts group to communicate with.

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr