[Crm-sig] New Issue CRMtex: differentiate TX8 Grapheme definition

Achille Felicetti achille.felicetti at pin.unifi.it
Sun Oct 10 16:30:21 EEST 2021

Dear Martin,

Our HW for issue 545.

A grapheme is atomic by definition as it represents the minimum unit (i.e., a unit that cannot be further decomposed) of a writing system.

Furthermore, the grapheme is a conceptual and non-concrete unit and is made manifest by the individual act (performance) of writing. For this reason, a grapheme of an actual text cannot exist. Instead, in actual texts we find glyphs that are precisely the physical manifestation of graphemes.

We hope this clarifies :-)

Ciao,
Achille & Francesca