[Crm-sig] CRMarcheo -embedding

Achille Felicetti achille.felicetti at pin.unifi.it
Fri Mar 26 22:23:46 EET 2021

Dear Martin, Christian-Emil,

Thank you for the interesting insights. For the scenario described by Martin I fully agree with what he writes and surely it makes sense to consider an embedding as distributed among different layers in the very common case in which it spans over multiple and stratigraphic strata of different kind (A2 + A3).

However, the problem that I see is formal, since changing the range of AP19 would allow the definition of triples like the following:

(X is-a A7 embedding) —> AP19 is embedding in —> (Y is-a A3 Stratigraphic Interface)

that will become formally correct from the point of view of the model, but conceptually disputable in my opinion.

I can't think of a solution that accommodates everything.

Best,
A.

> Il giorno 26 mar 2021, alle ore 19:35, Martin Doerr via Crm-sig <crm-sig at ics.forth.gr> ha scritto:
>
> Dear Christian-Emil, Achille,
>
> When talking about embeddings, I am not so much thinking of an isolated item, but things like the Talheim Death Pit with thousands of bones, where each exact position is vital for the assignment to complete corpses.
>
> I am also thinking of a thing embedded by multiple layers. First the lower half, then the upper half. Should somehow be consistent with the physical relations. The first would provide the chronology when the deposition started.
>
> We can think of sets of Amphorae, upright metal objects or so, tall enough to be embedded by multiple layers.
>
> This would justify embedding in A8, and A3 interfaces taking part in the embedding, just as considering intersections of A3 Interfaces as physical relations.

> On 3/26/2021 4:49 PM, Christian-Emil Smith Ore via Crm-sig wrote:
>> You are quite correct, it would be a 2-dimentional embedding. In the 2D world a pencil stroke is a unpassable hindrance.
>>

>> On the other hand  AP 9 is not a total property. And also not all persons can give birth at least not now.
>>
>> C-E

>>> Christian-Emil