[Crm-sig] CRMarcheo -embedding

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Mar 26 20:35:46 EET 2021

Dear Christian-Emil, Achille,

When talking about embeddings, I am not so much thinking of an isolated
item, but things like the Talheim Death Pit with thousands of bones,
where each exact position is vital for the assignment to complete corpses.

I am also thinking of a thing embedded by multiple layers. First the
lower half, then the upper half. Should somehow be consistent with the
physical relations. The first would provide the chronology when the
deposition started.

We can think of sets of Amphorae, upright metal objects or so, tall
enough to be embedded by multiple layers.

This would justify embedding in A8, and A3 interfaces taking part in the
embedding, just as considering intersections of A3 Interfaces as
physical relations.

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr