[Crm-sig] 511 e-vote

George Bruseker george.bruseker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 14:43:35 EET 2021

Dear all,

I also think that the decision was taken too fast and introduced at a final
moment as a fait accompli. Regardless of the ontological purity behind the
decision, there is a community of use to take into account. I indicated
also a no vote to adopting this measure in the meeting for this reason. I
understood that the acceptance of going to an evote would be to try to
build the concensus, not indicate that it is a realized decision and we can
only change the details.

It is no hill I want to die on, but I think given its practical
ramifications to the user community it should have either been given more
air time earlier in order to build concensus and consider alternatives or
have been left as an issue to resolve for another day.

Best,

George