[Crm-sig] CRM translation working group

Philippe Michon illipmich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:13:18 EET 2021

Hi, I am delighted to see so much enthusiasm for the translation working
group following yesterday's discussion.

Since some people who would like to collaborate on the initiative may not
have been with us yesterday, I would like to quickly introduce the topic
again here.

The official version 7.1 was released last week and will be the basis for
submission to ISO. As such, the CRM SIG invites the community to contribute
to the creation or update of the translations of the model documentation.

In order to ensure efficient and quality translations, the CRM SIG believes
that it is important to define clear guidelines and protocols. To do this,
it was decided to set up a committee to reflect on and propose a first
version of this documentation. Yesterday's discussion stems from the
proposal made by George Bruseker (
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-58-how-to-organize-the-translation-of-the-model
).

It was also proposed that the committee focus, in particular, but not
exclusively, on the following aspects:

1. Content Guidelines

2. Interoperability Standard and Versioning Tools

3. Communication and Validation Protocols

If you are interested in participating in this initiative, do not hesitate
to express your interest here before March 19th. Then we could schedule a
meeting somewhere in April.

Thank you all for your interest, Philippe

*Philippe Michon*
Semantic Web Analyst
Canadian Heritage Information Network
philippe.michon at canada.ca
illipmich at gmail.com
https://name.pn/philippe-michon

Analyste en web sémantique
Réseau canadien d'information sur le patrimoine
philippe.michon at canada.ca
illipmich at gmail.com
https://name.pn/philippe-michon