[Crm-sig] Bias in the CRM

Athanasios Velios thanasis at softicon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 00:50:03 EET 2021

Dear all,

In version 7.1 a short but important sentence has been added at the end
of the scope section:

"Discussions on the types of bias present in the CIDOC CRM are in
progress within the CIDOC CRM community."

Issue 530 is used to track the discussions here:

http://cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-530-bias-in-data-structure

It is important to engage in this discussion so that we first understand
the issues around bias and privileged positions and then how these may
or may not impact the development of the model.

We will then be more confident in making a more complete statement is
future versions. Issue 530 is scheduled to be discussed at the community
session of the forthcoming meeting.

Looking forward to it.

All the best,

Thanasis