[Crm-sig] Issue 425: Example for I11 Situation, NEW Issue: Situation Time-Span.

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Jun 18 19:27:07 EEST 2021

Dear Thanasi,

I think we decided not to fill the class examples with e-numbers of
things within the noun phrase. Otherwise I agree.

I believe we need a property "Jxxx held at least for: E52 Time-Span"

"This property associates an instance of I11 Situation with the instance
of E52 Time-span for which it was asserted. It constitutes part of the
identity of this situation. Any different association of a time-span
even to the same constituting propositions of this situation will
identify another instance of I11 Situation.

Note that the respective situation may have had shorter duration than
the one given by the property /P82 at some time within /to the
associated time-span, but the same propositions may quite well have
prevailed for longer and other times. In order to make a statement about
how long at least the propositions of that situation uninterruptedly
prevailed, the property /P81 ongoing throughout/ should be used for the
associated time-span.

There is no means to declare that the propositions of that situation did
not occur again ouside the given time-span."

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr