[Crm-sig] Issue 494 Guidelines for scope note writing

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Jun 15 19:38:05 EEST 2021

Dear All,

This issue has long been discussed internally. Scope note writing is
important for all working on extensions of the CRM, locally or those
submitted for approval by CRM-SIG.

The meaning to be expressed by scope notes is a distinct center piece of
the specific methodology CIDOC CRM SIG applies, and complements rules in
formal logic. It basically connects the world the user has in mind with
the formal concepts of the model.

Therefore, we would like to present this draft text in the next SIG
meeting and invite for a wider review. Since we will not have time to
read through the whole text in the meeting, please read this text
carefully before the meeting.

All the best,

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr