[Crm-sig] Issue 274: archetypical sounds

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Jun 15 19:14:31 EEST 2021

Dear Thanasi,

This is also my understanding. Basically, we would need properties
substantially different from other information objects, and different
from audiovisual recordings for a new class, that would express
relations not covered by others in the CRM, and essential in these
applications. To my understanding, these have not been identified so far.

The question of bird songs that came up is more complex, because it is a
type-type relation: species A uses to sing soundtype B.

Another aspect is sound as intangible heritage, very different again.

All the best,

Martin