[Crm-sig] HW for Issue 354

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Jun 15 14:46:44 EEST 2021

Dear George, all,

I think the procedure is a bit more varied. In the past, we had
published by e-mail several details, which can be summarized as follows,
in addition to this well-written text:

Anybody can raise an issue in the SIG or via e-mail.

* It is either an *open question* or a *decidable proposal*.

* An open question should be discussed by e-mail and in the SIG.

A *decidable proposal*, published by e-mail *latest 5 days before a SIG
meeting*, can be decided in this SIG, if there is time, or the next SIG.

At any time, *anybody can ask for e-vote* for a decidable proposal,
short-cutting the SIG discussion. If there is a *veto vote*, it must go
to the SIG discussion.

At any time, a *decidable proposal* may be send by e-mail or be
formulated in the SIG to resolve an *issue open *for discussion.  If it
is formulated in the SIG, it *cannot be decided in the same meeting*,
but only in the next meeting or via e-vote.

Rationale: the whole community must be informed about any proposal to be
decided. It*needs time to understand* the consequences of a decidable
proposal.  In the SIG, we expect participants to be familiar with the
proposal in order to save time, but also that major objections could be
raised and published before the meeting so that they can adequately be
addressed.

Comments?

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr