[Crm-sig] Issue 518

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Jun 14 22:38:00 EEST 2021

Dear All,

This is an example for E7 Activity:

The settlement activity of the population of Lerna IV and Lerna V (E7)

["While Caskey notes a major cultural break between the EH II and EH III
remains at Lerna, he argues for a high level of continuity in the
following periods, until
the site was transformed into a cemetery during LH I. The domestic
architecture dating
from EH III to LH I (Lerna IV-V, roughly from 2200-1500 B.C.) is
therefore considered
together as a physical expression of one cultural group, naturally
acknowledging and
critically examining significant changes over the course of this period.
Caskey‟s reports
are supplemented by the works of Jeremy Rutter and Carol Zerner, which
are particularly
important for the EH III and early MH remains respectively. " Following
the presentation
and analysis of the architecture, the houses are contextualized within
the settlement as a
whole ]

(Elizabeth Courtney Banks, The Settlement and Architecture of Lerna IV.
Lerna: results of excavations conducted by the American School of
Classical Studies at Athens, 6. Princeton: American School of Classical
Studies at Athens, 2013)

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr