[Crm-sig] Issue 274: archetypical sounds

Athanasios Velios thanasis at softicon.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 15:46:51 EEST 2021

Dear all,

My homework for this issue was to check for cases of integration for
sound in sound arts. I spoke with a professor of sound art in UAL and
from the examples we discussed it appears that there are very few
collections systematically cataloguing sound art and they hardly
document anything else apart from title and artist. We could not find
any projects around integration of such collections. This does not mean
that there is no desire for integration from the academic perpsective,
but I could not identify any domain experts working towards that direction.

All the best,

Thanasis