[Crm-sig] Issue 419: Activity plans

Athanasios Velios thanasis at softicon.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 23:14:07 EEST 2021

Dear all,

During discussions on the future of activity plans it appears that we
have 3 options:

1) Activity plans to remain as part of CRMsoc. This makes sense since
obeying laws and receiving penalties take place in societies and such
things appear to match the model for activity plans. However, they are
not central to the current CRMsoc discourse.

2) Activity plans to move to CRMbase. This makes sense given that
Purchase is in core and there is an increasing amount of interest in
business transactions, but again perhaps not central enough to the
CRMbase focus.

3) Activity plans to become its own extension. This makes sense as it is
a construct focussing on possible future events rather than past events
mainly concerning the CRM and its extensions otherwise. Also it being a
separate extension could create a space for business transactions.

I support option 3 and I would like us to discuss this at the next SIG
meeting and decide. I am happy to act as the maintainer of such an
extension.

All the best,

Thanasis