[Crm-sig] Modelling 'Transcription' Advice?

George Bruseker george.bruseker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:37:26 EEST 2021

Thanks everyone for your useful input.

In the end, the information that I definitely have and need to connect is
linguistic object A is connected to B, B is the transcription of A.
Sometimes I have creation information but this is not the focus of study.
So in my case I went with

E33 -> P130i features are also found on -> E33 [b]
E33 [b] ->p2 has type E55 [transcription]

This is really mostly what is known and to be searched for... Is there a
transcription of A or a part thereof? A subproperty 'has transcription'
would be nice but in this case the nature of the product IS a transcription
so using p2 works well in conjunction with p130i.

Then, when I have provenance information which describes in reality that
someone sat in a room looking at a particular book and typed out the
content of an analogue document into digital fields, I continue

E33 [b] ->p94i was created by -> E65 [c]
E65 [c] ->p14 carried out by -> E39 [d] (who)
E65 [c] ->p16 used specific object -> E22 (which object was looked at if
known)

CRMTex provides a richer set of events etc for dealing with this and if I
had more complex information to deal with then would definitely try it out,
but in this case the focus of information is not on such processes so it
would probably be overkill.

thanks again!

George