[Crm-sig] The EPISA project on the P15 Virtual Poster Session

Maria Jose de Almeida m-jose.almeida at dglab.gov.pt
Tue Mar 31 13:02:44 EEST 2020

The EPISA project (Entity and Property Inference for Semantic Archives)
is part of the ongoing renewal of the DGLAB’s (Direção-Geral do Livro,
dos Arquivos e das Bibliotecas, PT) existing data infrastructure and
aims, amongst other goals, to develop a prototype for an open-source
knowledge graph platform adopting a new data model for archival
description. Other of its key features is content integration, as we
intend to create a more flexible data model that can both interoperate
with other information systems and accommodate information regarding
cultural resources other than archival documents. The need for a new
generation of description tools that includes libraries, archives and
museums (LAM) – more fine grained, more flexible and specially more
machine-actionable – led to the choice of CIDOC Conceptual Reference
Model (CRM)(ISO, 2014) as root ontology.

We prepared a poster to present the project at the RDA 15th Plenary
Meeting - Australia but, due to the cancellation of the presential
meeting, we are now proudly at the P15 Virtual Poster Session. Please
visit our page and leave your thoughts and comments!

https://www.rd-alliance.org/episa-project-fair-path-semantic-archives-portuguese-national-archives

--
Maria José de Almeida
Técnica Superior