[Crm-sig] NEW ISSUE: Normal Custodian Of?

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Mon Mar 16 20:10:34 EET 2020

Thanks Martin!

I would be happy with the temporary being explicit for the keeper, but then we have an inconsistency between location and custodian.  Would the same apply for location as well?

This would mean that we can be clear that there is an exceptional, temporary circumstance that should be expected to revert back to the normal circumstances in the future. I have a temporary work location of my home, but when this pesky virus has gone, it will go back to being my office at the Getty Center.

In terms of the types of transfers … yes, but there might be many types of transfers which are either permanent or temporary. It would be nightmarish to try and track which were which without some consistent method to flag them.  Indeed Guernica’s travels around the world are a great example of the complexity here!

Rob