[Crm-sig] NEW ISSUE: Normal Custodian Of?

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Fri Mar 6 00:10:12 EET 2020

Another use case which has come up:

A painting is given from the Paintings department, which is the normal custodian, to the Conservation department, in order to perform conservation work on it.

The Conservation department has custody of it, but the Paintings department is still the normal custodian.  The ownership of the object doesn’t change. And potentially the physical location of it doesn’t either, if the conservation work is being done in place in the gallery, such as the current work on the Nightwatch at the Rijksmuseum, or Blue Boy at the Huntingdon here in California.

Rob