[Crm-sig] version 7.0 of CIDOC CRM

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Jun 20 12:11:45 EEST 2020

Dear All,

As further explanation, this version of the CIDOC CRM is intended as the
new official release. It has been thoroughly reviewed with respect to
comprehensibility and consistency of the texts.

Since adding new concepts is an endless task with many open ends, the
CRM-SIG decided in the last meeting to define this state in which the
semantic constructs contained are mutually consistent, relevant and well
understood, and so can form a base from which to continue as point of
reference.

We kindly ask you to go carefully through this texts and give us your
comments. In the next meetings, we will attempt to settle all editing
questions still open as soon as possible, so that we can make the next
submission to ISO based on this edition. In particular, please point us
to any logical inconsistencies, editing errors, or any constructs that
definitely need to be corrected before they are submitted to ISO.

For all of those who have made submissions and proposals of constructs
that are not contained in this version, we kindly ask for your patience
that your proposals will be incorporated in the follow-up cycle of versions.

This version is the base for discussion in next week's virtual CRM-SIG
Meeting. Please sign up for those that have not yet done it.

Thank you all for bringing this edition forward,

Martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr