[Crm-sig] 47th CIDOC CRM and 40th FRBR CRM SIG - (Virtual Meeting) Registration Reminder and Important Information

George Bruseker george.bruseker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:50:13 EEST 2020

Dear all,

Thank you for your engagement with the registration form for the upcoming
SIG. This is a reminder that we will hold a virtual SIG next week using
Zoom (en lieu of our scheduled meeting in Liege which will take place next
year).

You are reminded  that you can register here:
https://forms.gle/2VKTLgUevY7pqNoh7 if you have not already done so.

With this email, I would like to inform you of the following information.

1) Given that the meeting will be in a new, virtual format, we have tried
to come up with a protocol document that we will use in order to guide the
smooth functioning of the meeting. This document is attached below but will
be made generally available on the CRM site in short order.

2) As part of this new format, we will have the role of a session
facilitator. The session facilitator should act to maintain the smooth
functioning of a session, making sure that the issues are dealt with on
time and handling the change between issue facilitators in their session.
We will have six sessions in this upcoming SIG. If you are willing to play
such a referee role, please indicate this as your participation would be
highly appreciated.

3) The meeting is shorter than normal and using new technology so we have
prioritized issues that will lead to the actual release of CIDOC CRM base
version 7.0 If, in the meantime, there is an issue in the CRM SIG queue
that is a priority issue for you and you can provide homework, please do
not hesitate to reply to this email indicating issues that you would like
to see on the agenda. We will try our best to make sure it is given a spot.

This is a link to the current, still in planning list of issues / agenda.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LnGA4SO7aUWEMUz7dO2JAKk1Sb6Mr5i7/view?usp=sharing

What follows below is a re-description of the new meeting format and its
general parameters.

Sincerely,

George Bruseker
Vice-chair CIDOC CRM SIG

-------------

New Virtual Meeting Details

The virtual SIG will take place over the following days:

   - 24/6/2020 Meeting Day 1
   - 26/6/2020 Meeting Day 2

The format of the meeting days will be as follows:

   - 9.30 -11:00 CEST Session 1 {Video Plenary}
   - 15 minute break
   - 11:15-12:45 CEST Session 2 {Video Plenary}
   - Lunch Break
   - 14:00 - 15:30 CEST Homework {Breakout Session Offline}
   - 15:30 - 17:00 CEST Session 4 {Video Plenary}

The idea is to have 2 sessions discussing issues in the morning, then allow
a break for lunch and for people to work on homework (offline) that may
have arisen during the sessions. There will be a final session in the
afternoon to follow up on the homework and discuss further issues.