[Crm-sig] A symbol made of symbols

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Jan 17 17:55:57 EET 2020

Dear Ethan, all,

The drop down "resources" http://www.cidoc-crm.org/ is always
up-to-date. Please consult this as reference, our apologies that our
team which works all this without any funding, is sometimes behind with
the cross-links.

I agree with Robert:

About P190:

"This property associates an instance of E90 Symbolic Object with a
complete, identifying representation of its content in the form of an
instance of E62 String. This property only applies to instances of E90
Symbolic Object that can be represented completely in this form."

That means that the URI you use stands for nothing else than this
string. Using: “☧”, is then correct.

If you mean the actual monogram of Albrecht Dürer, for example, you
would need  "Dürer's Monogram" - incorporates ?E90 - P190 has symbolic
content: "AD"...
because the monogram is more than the two characters.

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr