[Crm-sig] agents of deterioration

Athanasios Velios thanasis at softicon.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 14:29:18 EET 2020

Hello,

During the discussions at the Linked Conservation Data consortium a
question has come up:

I have a metal sculpture on the seafront which is battered by the sea
for decades. The production of the corrosion layer is a S17 Physical
Genesis. In conservation documentation I would like to express the cause
of that genesis (the sea water hitting the sculpture). "O13 triggers" is
the best option so far, but the label and examples indicate a sequence
of events, i.e. one is complete and the next one begins. Is this the
intension? If not, I would like to add a sentence to clarify that the
two events can be considered as happening at the same time (and also
avoid arguments around scale of events).

All the best,

Thanasis