[Crm-sig] Modelling an Actor carrying out an action at the Behest of Another

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Apr 22 22:04:09 EEST 2020

Dear All,

This may find your interest:

F. Steimann. On the representation of roles in object-oriented and
conceptual modelling.Data& Knowl-edge Engineering35(1): 83–106, 2000.

This is a back ground paper of the current CRMbase approach.

I found these, but have not yet read in detail:

http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2205/paper25_ontocom4.pdf

and particularly

https://books.google.gr/books?id=n3cRDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA74&lpg=PA74&dq=Ontology+of+delegation+of+action&source=bl&ots=_ozargCAze&sig=ACfU3U2aV028Cvm0Ts_64ieVHVcsmfQ51w&hl=el&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjS2Lbf2_zoAhVFlFwKHchzAoIQ6AEwC3oECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=Ontology%20of%20delegation%20of%20action&f=false

  Social Ontology: Collective Intentionality and Group Agents

Εξώφυλλο
<https://books.google.gr/books?id=6ltpAgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=el&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0>
Raimo Tuomela
<https://www.google.gr/search?hl=el&tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=inauthor:%22Raimo+Tuomela%22>
Oxford University Press, 23 Αυγ 2013 - 320 σελίδες
<https://books.google.gr/books?id=6ltpAgAAQBAJ&dq=Ontology+of+delegation+of+action&hl=el&sitesec=reviews>
0 Κριτικές
<https://books.google.gr/books?id=6ltpAgAAQBAJ&dq=Ontology+of+delegation+of+action&hl=el&sitesec=reviews>
Social ontology, in its broadest sense, is the study of the nature of
social reality, including collective intentions and agency. The starting
point of Tuomela's account of collective intentionality is the
distinction between thinking and acting as a private person ("I-mode")
versus as a "we-thinking" group member ("we-mode"). The we-mode approach
is based on social groups consisting of persons, which may range from
simple task groups consisting of a few persons to corporations and even
to political states. Tuomela extends the we-mode notion to cover groups
controlled by external authority. Thus, for instance, cooperation and
attitude formation are studied in cases where the participants are
governed "from above" as in many corporations. The volume goes on to
present a systematic philosophical theory related to the
collectivism-versus-individualism debate in the social sciences. A weak
version of collectivism (the "we-mode" approach) depends on group-based
collective intentionality. We-mode collective intentionality is not
individualistically reducible and is needed to complement
individualistic accounts in social scientific theorizing. The we-mode
approach is used in the book to account for collective intention and
action, cooperation, group attitudes, and social practices and
institutions, as well as group solidarity. Tuomela establishes the first
complete theory of group reasons (in the sense of members' reasons for
participation in group activities). The book argues in terms of
game-theoretical group-reasoning that the kind of weak collectivism that
the we-mode approach involves is both conceptually and
rational-functionally different from what an individualistic approach
("pro-group I-mode" approach) entails.

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr