[Crm-sig] Activity Partitioning (was Actors acting for other Actors)

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Apr 18 18:46:34 EEST 2020

Dear Robert,

Indeed, I take elaborating more the relationships between events and
activities as one of the most interesting things to do.

A problem I have considered in the past is the following: Typically,
creation or production is anticipated as a linear compression of
processes along the object under consideration. There may be "crossing"
evolutions of things sharing common events, and then being attributed to
more than one whole.

But, for the time being, staying at semantics and forms of delegation
and respective super activities would be nice to analyze. Another,
similar and notorious question of controversy are the events in machines
initiated and intended by human activity. We normally attribute them to
the human actor, as the one being also legally responsible.

Rather than seeking just a linguistically nice solution, such as
"representing", I would like to make a thorough ontological analysis of
the cases of delegation and associated responsibilities and there social
differentiation.

So, yes, sounds interesting to go deeper.

Best,

martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr