[Crm-sig] Modelling the number of sheets used to print a book

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Apr 17 16:19:08 EEST 2020

I agree. The thing should be an LRMoo F5 Item :

Scope note:         This class comprises physical objects (printed
books, scores, CDs, DVDs, CD-ROMS, etc.) that were produced by (P186i)
an industrial process involving a given instance of F3 Manifestation.

Question: Are the sheets those actually bound, or are the bound pages
part of larger sheets? I assume the latter.

If we would do very analytical modelling of the processes, those sheets
would be the semi-finished product. Then, the final production process
would use the intermediate product. Sound unnecessarily clumsy.

If we in general infer the actual number of sheets from evidence in the
actual book, I think the Dimension is a good solution.

In LRMoo, the F3 Manifestation (former Manifestation Product Type) has
been generalized to the immaterial content including the intended
physical features.  Then, the Dimension could go directly to F3, or a
new property "number of print sheets" would be needed.

Cheers,

martin