[Crm-sig] Modelling the number of sheets used to print a book

Franco Niccolucci franco.niccolucci at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:16:56 EEST 2020

First thing coming to my mind, assuming for instance it is “Yourbook” of 150 sheets: introduce an E54 Dimension "number of sheets” and measure it

E70 Thing <“Yourbook”> (or whatever way you encode the physical book)
P43 has dimension
E54 Dimension <"Number of sheets">
P90 has value
	E60 Number <150>
P91 has unit
	E58 Measurement Unit <"Sheet number">

A bit verbose but you can extract & process directly the number of sheets, select small books etc., calculate the printing cost etc
Note that P43 has domain E70 Thing so you can attach it to any subclass of Thing / physical object you wish to use for the book. E-books may require further work/different approach.

Obviously this refers to a specific paper edition, exactly “that" tangible object, as a paperback may have a number of pages different from a hard-cover of the same literary object.

Franco

Prof. Franco Niccolucci
Director, VAST-LAB
PIN - U. of Florence
Scientific Coordinator
ARIADNEplus - PARTHENOS

Editor-in-Chief
ACM Journal of Computing and Cultural Heritage (JOCCH)

Piazza Ciardi 25
59100 Prato, Italy