[Crm-sig] CIDOC CRM SIG Meeting of June 23-26, 2020 to be held in Online Format

George Bruseker george.bruseker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:57:16 EEST 2020

Dear all,

With this message we want to announce that the next CIDOC CRM SIG meeting,
formerly due to be held in Liège, Belgium from 23-26 June, 2020, will be
moved to a virtual format and held online.

In consideration of the on-going coronavirus situation, and after
consultation with our host, the Liège Université Geomatics Unit, the Chair
and Vice-Chairs of the CIDOC CRM SIG have concurred that holding an
in-person meeting in June would not be feasible.

Therefore, we are actively working on putting together the technical means
and procedural rules for running the next SIG meeting successfully in an
online format. While we aim to run the meeting during the same dates, we
will significantly modify the manner of running the meeting to adjust to
the online medium. More on how this will be carried out will be announced
in the coming weeks and months leading up to the event.

We do hope to be able to take up the offer of holding the meeting at Liège
Université Geomatics Unit at a future moment when such a proposal will be
more feasible for all. In the meantime, we are also positive about being
able to explore this new way of engaging with the community.

Wishing everyone health and safety in the meantime.

Sincerely,

George Bruseker
Vice Chair, CIDOC CRM SIG