[Crm-sig] issue 288

Olivier Marlet olivier.marlet at univ-tours.fr
Tue Oct 22 11:38:38 EEST 2019

Dear all,
I see that you will work about P81 and P82 usage in the 288 issue.
I can share with you the reason we use P81a and P81b or P82a and P82b in
the case of the AERBA project (http://aerba.huma-num.fr/) > Mapping 1468 in
3M.

The aim is to model the time when the discovery of the site took place. In
our case, the information we have is only the year. Of course the discovery
didn't last a year but we don't have any more information. However, we do
know that it is necessarily during the course of this year, so we decided
to use the extended margins since the event could not occur before January
1st or after December 31, so we choose to use P81, which corresponds to the
wide fork.
On the other hand, the dating of the occupation of the site corresponds to
a restricted range: we propose a short dating compared to the knowledge we
have of the site, but this does not exclude that the site may exist a
little before and remain a little after, so we choose to use P82 which
corresponds to the restricted range.

Hope it is useful
Best,

Olivier Marlet

olivier.marlet at univ-tours.fr
Ingénieur CNRS
Laboratoire Archéologie et Territoires - Tours

UMR 7324 - CITERES - MSH Val de Loire
BP 60449
37204 TOURS cedex 03
02 47 36 15 06