[Crm-sig] HW Issue 419: scope notes of TET properties

Athanasios Velios thanasis at softicon.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 17:56:53 EEST 2019

Dear all,

I spent a bit of time putting together some scope notes and examples for
the Trigger Event Template properties (also attached as a document with
an updated diagram). I forwarded these to Stephen only last week so he
had not had a chance to review them, but maybe we can do that at the
meeting next week. FOL statements and Quantification produced by OntoMe.

All the best,

Thanasis

      socP24 specifies material substantial (is specified material
      substantial)

Domain:

socE4 Trigger Event Template <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/536>

Range:

S10 Material Substantial <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/375>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with an instance of S10 Material Substantial which the template
specifies to be used or be present for the planned activity.

Examples:

The disaster plan of the Tate Archives (socE2 Activity Plan) concerns
the possible event (socE4 Trigger Event Template) which specifies
(socP24 specifies material substantial) the river Thames (S10 Material
Substantial / S14 Fluid Body) flooding.

In First Order Logic:

  *

    socP24(x,y) ⊃ socE4(x)

  *

    socP24(x,y) ⊃ S10(y)

      socP23 specifies actor (is specified actor of)

E39 Actor <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/38>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with the instance of E39 Actor who is specified by the template to be
part of the planned activity.

Examples:

The template specifying my wedding (socExx Trigger Event Template),
specifies (socP23 specifies actor) Rev Glyn Tidwell (E39 Actor) to be
present to undertake the wedding service.

In First Order Logic:

  *

    socP23(x,y) ⊃ socE4(x)

  *

    socP23(x,y) ⊃ E39(y)

      socP22 specifies time-span (is specified time-span of)

E52 Time-Span <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/50>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with the instance of E52 Time-span which is specified by the template as
the time-span for the planned activity.

Examples:

The template specifying my wedding (socE4 Trigger Event Template),
specifies (socPxx specifies time-span) the the wedding takes place
between 14:00 and 23:00 of the 12th of August 2006 (E52 Time-span).

In First Order Logic:

  *

    socP22(x,y) ⊃ socE4(x)

  *

    socP22(x,y) ⊃ E52(y)

      socP21 specifies place (is specified place of)

E53 Place <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/51>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with the instance of E53 Place which is specified by the template as the
place where the planned activity should take place.

Examples:

The template specifying my wedding (socE4 Trigger Event Template),
specifies (socP21 specifies place) the location of Cardiff Castle (E53
Place) for the wedding party to take place.

In First Order Logic:

  *

    socP21(x,y) ⊃ socE4(x)

  *

    socP21(x,y) ⊃ E53(y)

      socP19 specifies actor role (is specified actor role of)

E55 Type <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/53>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with the E55 Type of the role of an E39 Actor which is specified by the
template. This property does not require the instance of E39 Actor to be
specified by socP23 specifies actor (is specified actor of).

Examples:

The template specifying my wedding (socE4 Trigger Event Template)
specifies (socP19 specifies actor role) that someone acts as a disc
jokey (E55 Type) to play music for the wedding guests.

In First Order Logic:

  *

    socP19(x,y) ⊃ socE4(x)

  *

    socP19(x,y) ⊃ E55(y)

      socP18 specifies event type (is specified event type of)

Domain:

socE4 Trigger Event Template <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/536>

Range:

E55 Type <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/53>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with the type (E55 Type) of the E5 Event which would trigger the planned
activity. Typically the instance of E5 Event is not known when the
planned activity and the trigger template are being produced, so it
cannot be specified.

Examples:

The disaster plan of the Tate Archives (socE2 Activity Plan) concerns
the event of the river Thames flooding (socE4 Trigger Event Template)
which specifies an event of type (socPxx specifies event type) "flood"
(E55 Type).

In First Order Logic:

  *

    socP18(x,y) ⊃ socE4(x)

  *

    socP18(x,y) ⊃ E55(y)

      socP20 specifies type of thing (is specified type of thing of)

Domain:

socE4 Trigger Event Template <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/536>

Range:

E55 Type <http://ontome.dataforhistory.org/class/53>

Quantification:

/0,n:0,n/

Scope note:

This property associates an instance of socExx Trigger Event Template
with the type (E55 Type) of a thing which the template specifies to be
used or be present for the planned activity. The instance of the thing
can be specified using the property socP24 specifies material
substantial (is specified material substantial).

Examples:

/No example yet./

In First Order Logic:

  *