[Crm-sig] part of HW for Issue 412

Francesco Beretta francesco.beretta at cnrs.fr
Sun Oct 20 13:31:21 EEST 2019

Hi,

I agree with the addition proposed by Thanasis.

I'd propose on my side to add the few words between * * in the text
below belonging to the "What is the idea ?" section.

"CRMsoc can be used to describe **characteristics of individuals or
groups**, economic transactions, rights held by people and groups,
historical phases and the description of plans. As a high level
conceptual framework for data integration the CIDOC CRM and the CRMsoc
extension will provide interoperability of existing models devoted to
specific historical subdomains (e.g. political, intellectual, social,
economic history). "

Further, I propose to validate and publish both sections of the
introductory text (it can be found here
<http://www.cidoc-crm.org/sites/default/files/412%20CRMsoc%20introductory%20text.docx>)
—with the proposed additions if validated by the SIG— on the CRMsoc
extension website – for preventing that it remains empty longer.

About the text concerning the use of OntoME, we're working hard (with
the available resources) to come to a MVP of the web application: should
be done by the end of this year.  Some research projects are starting to
use OntoME for data production and integration (cf. the presentation in
the APOLLONIS workshop tomorrow Monday). I therefore propose to wait
until the next SIG meeting to discuss on a possible section about the
use of OntoME (separate section on using OntoME
<http://www.cidoc-crm.org/sites/default/files/412%20CRMsoc%20text%20in%20%20OntoME.docx>).

All the best

Francesco