[Crm-sig] HW for issue 349

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Oct 19 22:09:10 EEST 2019

Dear Thanasis, All,

This is a good summary, but I would like to point out, that there is a
fundamental distinction between ontology and uncertainty. Uncertainty is
a question of knowing (epistemology), and not being (ontology) and
pertains to all facts being. Therefore a solution must be generic and
independent from the ontology. Another approach to have properties of
uncertainty from CRM Entity and Primitive Value, and create combinations
of these with the ontological ones. It is equivalent to a .2 property,
but computationally efficient, and standard RDF. It only blows up the
RDFS, but that can be generated automatically.

E13 introduces an additional agency, and is computationally heavy, as
all reification-equivalent constructs.

All the best,

Martin