[Crm-sig] NEW ISSUE: Approximate Dimensions

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Oct 19 22:08:51 EEST 2019

> (Snipping to avoid the list’s length filter)
>
> I agree that it would be lovely if everyone recorded the measurement
> activities in detail, including with margins of error. But this isn’t
> a physics documentation group, it’s museums. That others do it better
> than we do is great, but doesn’t address the current practice of the
> domain and its information systems.

Well, we are concerned with conservation analytical methods, and
archaeometrics, which do use error margins. In case of sloppy data by
museums, I'd argue we really do not need to care about precise and true
values at all, isn't it? We can interpret the absence of error margins
(P90a,b) as an approximation without known errors. Isn't it?

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr