[Crm-sig] NEW ISSUE: Approximate Dimensions

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Fri Oct 18 21:48:56 EEST 2019

(Snipping to avoid the list’s length filter)

I agree that it would be lovely if everyone recorded the measurement activities in detail, including with margins of error. But this isn’t a physics documentation group, it’s museums. That others do it better than we do is great, but doesn’t address the current practice of the domain and its information systems.

That said, the removal of the “true quantity” part of the scope note addresses at least the semantic part of the concern, that it’s currently impossible to abide by the definition.  The implementation concern of asserting that two approximations are related can be considered separately 😊

Rob