[Crm-sig] Help wanted - Modelling an observation activity

Pierre Choffé choffepierre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 14:47:54 EEST 2019

Dear all,

I am presently working on a project for the Muséum National d'Histoire
Naturelle in Paris and we are using CRM. We need to model an observation
activity which consists in observing from a certain place some taxon which
may be at a distant place. For example, observing from a lighthouse a beluga
whale (Delphinapterus leucas) passing at a few miles distance. My first
guess was to consider this activity as a kind of measurement and therefore
I used E13 Attribute Assignment as a parent class for ObservationActivity.
The observation activity P7 took place at the lighthouse and "observed" a
location (gps coordinates where the whale was seen).

Do you think this makes sense? Do you see any other way to model this ?

Thank you very much for your help,
All the best to all,
Pierre