[Crm-sig] Broaden scope of P125

Athanasios Velios thanasis at softicon.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 00:59:16 EEST 2019

Hello,

Conservators use a range of materials for their treatments. The
treatments can be modelled as "E7 Activity" and the "P125 used object of
type" describes things used during the activity. The scope note only
refers to objects (i.e. solid human-made things). It would be useful if
the scope of this property could be broader to also include non-solid
things such as fluids (e.g. the use of a type of solvent for cleaning).
Unless this can be described in another way I suggest to change the
scope note of P125 from:

This property defines the kind of objects used in an E7 Activity, when
the specific instance is either unknown or not of interest, such as use
of "a hammer".

to:

This property defines the kind of physical things (solid and non-solid)
used in an E7 Activity, when the specific instance is either unknown or
not of interest, such as use of "a hammer" or the use of "toluene".

The alternative would be to create a new property in CRMsci to include
types of Material Substantial, but given that the range of P125 is only
E55 Type, the nature of the thing can be easily retrieved and I do not
think a new property is necessary.

Any other suggestions?

All the best,

Thanasis