[Crm-sig] ISSUE: Scope Note of E60 needs revision

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Oct 9 21:28:31 EEST 2019

Richard,

On 10/9/2019 6:34 PM, Richard Light wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I'm not sure I particularly like the phrase 'identifiers in continua'
> - but maybe I just don't understand its intended meaning.  To me, a
> date is just a data value, expressed to a certain degree of precision.
> An 'identifier' suggests something which is deliberately assigned as a
> property of an entity, in order to ... identify it.

A date is a numerical distance from a starting point, e.g. a zero
redefined every time the precision increases. A geocoordinate refers to
Greenwich, etc. Therefore they are NOT values, but absolute points in
space time. Not quantities.

> In any case, if we are defining and giving examples of these
> identifiers, shouldn't we be

Yes E41 need rewriting. I work on it. All examples from deprecated
classes need to be transferred.

Thank you!

Martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr