[Crm-sig] ISSUE: Scope Note of E60 needs revision

Richard Light richard at light.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 18:34:15 EEST 2019

Martin,

I'm not sure I particularly like the phrase 'identifiers in continua' - but maybe I just don't understand its intended meaning.  To me, a date is just a data value, expressed to a certain degree of precision. An 'identifier' suggests something which is deliberately assigned as a property of an entity, in order to ... identify it.

In any case, if we are defining and giving examples of these identifiers, shouldn't we be doing so within the class descriptions where this concept applies, not in one where we specifically say that it doesn't apply?

Whatever these identifiers are, they won't be E50 or E47, both of which are flagged as deprecated (and now to be treated as E41 Appellation).

Richard