[Crm-sig] (Geographic) Place vs. SpaceTimeVolume (?) ISSUE: make methodology clear. ISSUE add "islands" to E27 Site.

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Oct 7 13:46:58 EEST 2019

Dear Franco, All,

My apologies for writing in this dogmatic style! I'd like to bring to
your attention, that discussing only solutions about concepts, without a
clear understanding of the principles, will not enable this Group to
maintain the CRM in the long run. I would like to reduce my role acting
as a sort of authority for modelling decisions, because I have repeated
thereby the same principles already dozens of times, and would like
others, in particular younger colleagues, to be able to apply them
and/or improve them. Therefore I kindly ask you to pay more attention to
the principles than the solutions, and forgive me if I point to them
from now on in a blunt way:-[, this is never disrespect from my side.

By the way, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. So
please continue to write whatever comes to your mind....In particular
the "why" of ontological choices, rather than the "what is a"....

All the best and thank you all for your contributions:-).

Martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr