[Crm-sig] Siegfried Krause

patrick.le-boeuf at bnf.fr patrick.le-boeuf at bnf.fr
Tue Nov 12 13:24:38 EET 2019

Dear all,
This is shocking, unbelievable news. All of us will miss Siegfried.
Sincere condolences to his relatives.
Patrick

De :    "Martin Doerr" <martin at ics.forth.gr>
A :     "crm-sig" <Crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>, cidoc-board at googlegroups.com
Date :  09/11/2019 22:16
Objet : [Crm-sig] Siegfried Krause
Envoyé par :    "Crm-sig" <crm-sig-bounces at ics.forth.gr>

Dear Colleagues,

It is with deep sorrow that I have to inform you about the sudden loss of
Dr. Siegfried Krause, IT Referent of the Germanische Nationalmuseum of
Nuremberg and longstanding member of CIDOC and CRM-SIG. He passed away
this Friday, Nov. 8 2019, in his home in the village Lyttos in Crete,
suddenly without previous illness, in the middle of an active life, just
two weeks after participating in the last CRM_SIG meeting in Heraklion.

We have Siegfried Krause in high esteem as a personal friend, a good
colleague and scholar. He was one of the founding members of the CIDOC CRM
Special Interest Group. We value his distinct contributions and his deep
understanding of the practical IT requirements of research in the
cultural-historical domain.

His work substantially contributed to the quality and increasing
application the CIDOC CRM enjoys world-wide. He has translated the CIDOC
CRM to German, together with late Karl-Heinz Lampe and me. He has
developed, together with the University of Erlangen, one of the most
important reference implementations of the CIDOC CRM, the WissKi system,
probably the first Knowledge Representation platform that is in practice
used for the integrated management of multiple scholarly research projects
from the beginning of the research process and continues to be used.

He was the local organizer of the CIDOC Annual Conference 1997, Nuremberg,
Germany and has been chair of the Semantic Research Environments Working
Group of CIDOC, which builds on the experience with the WissKi system.
Our team at ICS-FORTH has been enjoying a continued and intensive
scientific collaboration with Siegfried's team since the year 2000.

His sudden passing away constitutes a great loss, personally and
professionally, an interruption of promising activities, but before all a
great hardship for his family.

Siegfried Krause had strong emotional ties to the island of Crete,
beginning as young archaeologist, and thus happened to end his life in an
environment he loved.

We offer our sincere condolences to his wife and his family,

Martin Doerr

 Email: martin at ics.forth.gr

Exposition  Tolkien, voyage en Terre du Milieu  - du 22 octobre 2019 au 16 février 2020 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.