[Crm-sig] issue 336 and spacetime volumes

Martin Doerr martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Mar 22 21:11:39 EET 2019

On 3/21/2019 12:49 AM, Francesco Beretta wrote:
> The last issue I see is the one related to modelling of a STV for a
> E18 Physical thing. The /difference/ between the volume occupied by a
> physical body as such, be it moving or not, and the volume occupied by
> the body moving from one place to another, is not clearly defined if
> you make a E18 Physical thing a subclass of E92 Spacetime volume. In
> the well known case of the vessels’ fight in Trafalgar, the TSV of the
> fight can be treated as projection in time and space of the whole
> event, using P4/P7 and, if needed, the correspondent declarative
> properties : we have a phenomenon, the fight (E5 as temporal entity),
> and a document driven approximation of its STV using in SP10/SP2
> (without necessarily the need of using a E92 Spacetime volume/SP7 STV
> classes as separated entities with an own identity).

Dear Francesco,

I think it is unambiguous:

"An instance of E18 Physical Thing occupies not only a particular
geometric space, but in the course of its existence it also forms a
trajectory through spacetime, which occupies a real, that is phenomenal,
volume in spacetime. We include in the occupied space the space filled
by the matter of the physical thing and all its inner spaces, such as
the interior of a box."

The inner space of the ship is part of the STV.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Best,

martin

  Email: martin at ics.forth.gr