[Crm-sig] CRMsoc, about business

Robert Sanderson RSanderson at getty.edu
Fri Mar 22 19:43:22 EET 2019

Thanks Martin.

One initial note … for the Payment class, we separate out the paid_from and paid_to from the carried_out_by. The use case is when there is an agent that performs the Activity, which is neither the payer nor payee.  For example, if I authorize an agent to go to an auction and bid on my behalf and disburse my funds, then the funds come from me, go to the seller, but the agent is carrying out the Payment activity, not me.  In the worst case (for me!) I might have been run over by a bus immediately before the Payment, and thus incapable of carrying out the activity.

Rob